- Young unaccompanied asylum seekers in the camps in Calais reunited with their families in the UK
- Child Refugee wins the right to be re-united with their parents
- Successful challenge in the Supreme Court to the ban on students loans for migrants who are lawfully present in the UK
- Legal Aid Lawyer of the year awards for SLF grantees and expert panel member
- Successful challenge to the lawfulness of the Detained Fast Track
Briefing on no recourse to public funds restriction
Southwark Law Centre has produced a briefing as part of its SLF funded project on the legality of the rules that impose a "No Recourse to Public Funds" restriction on families granted limited leave to remain on Article 8 (the right to family and private life) grounds. The briefing covers the rules, who is affected, legal challenges to date, and project research. To get a copy of the briefing, email Shiar.Youssef@southwarklawcentre.org.uk, to discuss the work of the project, telephone Catherine Evans, Director of Southwark Law Centre, on 020 3475 8644.