- Training opportunities on children's rights by CORAM Children's Legal Centre
- New report on systemic delays in the processing of minors' asylum claims
- Litigation friends needed for Migrant Mental Capacity Advocacy project
- Latest grants from the Strategic Legal Fund
- EEA rough sleeper policy ruled unlawful
ILPA launches new Strategic Legal Fund
The Strategic Legal Fund, now managed by ILPA, returns after a short break.
The Fund supports legal work to promote the rights of vulnerable migrant children and young adults, making grants of up to £30,000 for strategic legal work where the impact is likely to go beyond an individual case, and result in changes to law, policy and practice that benefit a wider group of people.
The fund reaches beyond immigration to all areas of law touched by immigration status, often components of the 'hostile environment' with which young migrants must contend.
Not-for-profit organisations that provide specialist level legal advice to vulnerable young migrants and families, and firms of solicitors with a legal aid contract in a relevant area of law are welcome to apply to the Fund.
There will be six funding rounds per year with the first deadline on Friday 3rd November.