- Government drops appeal in SLF-funded intervention in Case of K
- Updated SLF funding guidelines
- It Can Be Done - new podcast on strategic litigation
- Separated migrant children given better access to justice
- Court of Justice delivers judgment on Chen applications and source of funds for self-sufficiency
It Can Be Done - new podcast on strategic litigation
Migrants' Law Project, a strategic legal organisation based at Islington Law Centre, has recently developed a podcast 'It Can Be Done' to support lawyers, students, and activists to understand practically how the law, and strategic litigation, can be used for social change.
The first series will look at the work of lawyers, activists, and others during the 'refugee crisis' of 2015. For the first time, it will tell the story of how people and groups came together to use strategic litigation to open up safe and legal routes to family reunion for refugees trapped in dire conditions in informal camps on the European mainland, focussing on the work to reunite children and young people in Calais with family in the UK.