- Latest grants from the Strategic Legal Fund
- Project 17 - Not Seen, Not Heard: Children's Experiences of the Hostile Environment
- We Belong (formerly Let Us Learn) looking for their first Chair
- How to convey child friendly info to children in migration - a handbook
- Job Vacancy Coram Children's Legal Centre
Latest grant from Strategic Legal Fund
One additional grant was awarded in the July round.
Commons Law CIC - £7,636
Commons, a not-for-profit criminal law firm, has been awarded funds to carry out preliminary research into the expansive reach of the government's immigration control and hostile environment policy into the criminal justice system. Since November 2017, there has been a requirement for defendants in criminal proceedings to provide their nationality to the courts. Failure to provide this information is a criminal offence, regardless of whether immigration status has any bearing on the substantive offence or issues of bail. It is also retained regardless of whether the defendant is acquitted or the proceedings are discontinued.