- New research report on Home Office reporting conditions by Migrants Organise
- Strategic litigation - advanced training course 27th February in London
- New report on family separation and child refugees
- Latest grant from the Strategic Legal Fund
- Home Office fees for children to register as British citizens found to be unlawful
Latest grant from the Strategic Legal Fund
The Strategic Legal Fund recently awarded one grant.
Commons Legal CIC was awarded further funds following preliminary and secondary research for litigation preparation into the implementation of the requirement for defendants in criminal proceedings to provide their nationality to the courts.
Failure to provide this information is a criminal offence, regardless of whether immigration status has any bearing on the substantive offence or issues of bail. It is also retained regardless of whether the defendant is acquitted or the proceedings are discontinued