- The hostile environment creeps into criminal courts
- Latest grant from Strategic Legal Fund
- Embedded HO workers in local authorities - Project17 & DPG looking for client for potential strategic legal challenge
- Good character requirement in children's citizenship claims
- We Belong video (Let Us Learn/Just for Kids Law)
Latest grant from the Strategic Legal Fund
One grant was issued in the Strategic Legal Fund March round. The applications submitted to date showcase a great need for funding strategic legal work in an increasingly hostile environment for migrant families in the UK, and ILPA is pleased to be able to support the important work that goes on.
Deighton Pierce Glynn and the Unity Project were awarded funds to gather evidence of the discriminatory impact and systemic failings in the implementation of the Home Office's policy of imposing a No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) condition on grants of limited leave to remain in the UK. The policy disproportionately impacts single mothers and leaves many children and young migrants destitute for prolonged periods