- Latest grant from the Strategic Legal Fund
- ILPA Conference on Family Migration to the UK
- Training opportunities on children's rights by CORAM Children's Legal Centre
- New report on systemic delays in the processing of minors' asylum claims
- Litigation friends needed for Migrant Mental Capacity Advocacy project
Latest grant from the Strategic Legal Fund
One grant was issued in the Strategic Legal Fund March round. The applications submitted to date showcase a great need for funding strategic legal work in an increasingly hostile environment for migrant families in the UK, and ILPA is pleased to be able to support the important work that goes on.
Deighton Pierce Glynn and the Unity Project were awarded funds to gather evidence of the discriminatory impact and systemic failings in the implementation of the Home Office's policy of imposing a No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) condition on grants of limited leave to remain in the UK. The policy disproportionately impacts single mothers and leaves many children and young migrants destitute for prolonged periods