- Court of Justice delivers judgment on Chen applications and source of funds for self-sufficiency
- Latest grants from the Strategic Legal Fund
- Free childcare for two year-olds now include families with NRPF condition
- New training course: Strategic Litigation for Social Change
- Seeking those with experience of advising minors with good character issues relating to registration as a British citizen
Latest grants from the Strategic Legal Fund
The Strategic Legal Fund awarded two grants in its September round:
ECPAT UK been awarded funding to prepare a dossier with expert evidence on the failures in the current system to protect child victims of trafficking. The dossier will request the Department of Education, the Home Office and other relevant state bodies to conduct an Article 4 inquiry into the failures to protect child victims of trafficking. ECPAT UK's main concerns are the failure to protect children from going missing from care and/or re-trafficked; and the failure to implement measures that identify and secure a durable solution for child victims of trafficking.
JCWI has been awarded funds towards their intervention in the Court of Appeal in K (a child) v SSHD. The case concerns children being denied their entitlement to British nationality through their biological father if the mother is married at the time of the child's birth to a man who is not British. For the purposes of British nationality law, her husband will be deemed to be the father, even if there is irrefutable proof that another man is the biological father.