- The hostile environment creeps into criminal courts
- Latest grant from Strategic Legal Fund
- Embedded HO workers in local authorities - Project17 & DPG looking for client for potential strategic legal challenge
- Good character requirement in children's citizenship claims
- We Belong video (Let Us Learn/Just for Kids Law)
National childcare provision during asylum interviews now a success
The UK is first among the EU members states to provide childcare provision nationally during asylum interviews.
For over a decade campaigners across the country have worked on this issue and now there is finally a system in place so that no woman is faced with having her children present at her asylum interview and with choosing between telling her whole story and traumatising her children.
Read the blog post by Denise Singer at Asylum Aid here.
The Strategic Legal Fund extends our congratulations to everyone who has been instrumental in making this happen.