- New research report on Home Office reporting conditions by Migrants Organise
- Strategic litigation - advanced training course 27th February in London
- New report on family separation and child refugees
- Latest grant from the Strategic Legal Fund
- Home Office fees for children to register as British citizens found to be unlawful
Separated migrant children given better access to justice
The government just announced that The Legal Aid for Separated Children Order 2019 comes into force today, 25th October. This reinstates legal aid for non-asylum immigration and citizenship matters under 18s not in the care of a parent, guardian or legal authority. Previously, they had to apply for exceptional case funding.
This follows the successful challenge brought by The Children's Society, represented by SLF-funded Islington Law Centre and MiCLU.