- Government drops appeal in SLF-funded intervention in Case of K
- Updated SLF funding guidelines
- It Can Be Done - new podcast on strategic litigation
- Separated migrant children given better access to justice
- Court of Justice delivers judgment on Chen applications and source of funds for self-sufficiency
Training session: Children's British Citizenship Rights
SLF grantees Project for Registering Children as British Citizens (PRCBC) are running a one-day training session together with ILPA on children's British citizenship rights.
The course will take place at Garden Court Chambers on the 9th July and will be run by Solange Valdez-Symonds, Steve Valdez-Symonds, Ronan Toal and Amanda Weston QC.
It will draw on the litigation, research and experience of the Project for the Registration of Children as British Citizens (PRCBC) to:
- Ensure participants are familiar with the relevant statutory rights and the origins and parliamentary intentions behind them;
- Enable participants to undertake complex citizenship claims and challenges on behalf of children, including children in local authority care, stateless children and children of EU citizens; and
- Equip participants to give effect to these statutory rights by securing British passports and recognition of citizenship of children with British citizenship; registering children born and growing up in the UK as British citizens; and challenging law, policy and practice that is incompatible with children's citizenship rights and legal duties owed to children concerning their welfare and best interests in the higher courts.
To find out more and to book, click here.