- Successful challenge in the Supreme Court to the introduction of a Residence Test for legal aid
- Young unaccompanied asylum seekers in the camps in Calais reunited with their families in the UK
- Child Refugee wins the right to be re-united with their parents
- Successful challenge in the Supreme Court to the ban on students loans for migrants who are lawfully present in the UK
- Legal Aid Lawyer of the year awards for SLF grantees and expert panel member
A Positive Outcome in the Court of Justice of the European Union
We are pleased to report a favourable judgment in the case of MA & Others vs the UK. The SLF funded the AIRE Centre´s legal team to travel to the CJEU in Autumn 2013 to act as third party interveners, and assist the Court in reaching its decision. On 6 June 2013, the CJEU gave judgement, and found that EU Member States are responsible for examining asylum claims by separated children even if they first claimed asylum elsewhere in the EU. See more on the AIRE Centre website.