- Evaluation shows value of funding strategic legal action
- Fact sheet: Removal of EEA Nationals who are Rough Sleeping
- Working Paper: Access to Compensation for Victims of Human Trafficking
- Successful challenge in the Supreme Court to the introduction of a Residence Test for legal aid
- Young unaccompanied asylum seekers in the camps in Calais reunited with their families in the UK
A Positive Outcome in the Court of Justice of the European Union
We are pleased to report a favourable judgment in the case of MA & Others vs the UK. The SLF funded the AIRE Centre´s legal team to travel to the CJEU in Autumn 2013 to act as third party interveners, and assist the Court in reaching its decision. On 6 June 2013, the CJEU gave judgement, and found that EU Member States are responsible for examining asylum claims by separated children even if they first claimed asylum elsewhere in the EU. See more on the AIRE Centre website.