- The hostile environment creeps into criminal courts
- Latest grant from Strategic Legal Fund
- Embedded HO workers in local authorities - Project17 & DPG looking for client for potential strategic legal challenge
- Good character requirement in children's citizenship claims
- We Belong video (Let Us Learn/Just for Kids Law)
Latest grant from Strategic Legal Fund
One additional grant was awarded in the September round.
Migrant Legal Project - £4,611
Migrant Legal Project has been awarded funds for research and preparation of briefing materials to call for a reversion of the Civil Legal Aid Regulations which came into force 1st September.
These act as a barrier to legally aided clients moving their appeals from the First-tier Tribunal to the Upper Tribunal, by removing appeals to the Upper Tribunal within scope of controlled work (OISC regulated firms).
The Migrant Legal Project is currently the only provider of such legal aid services for asylum seekers in the entirety of Devon and Cornwall, and as an OISC regulated firm they will no longer be able to represent clients in such cases, many of which are young people under 25.