- Latest grants from the Strategic Legal Fund
- Project 17 - Not Seen, Not Heard: Children's Experiences of the Hostile Environment
- We Belong (formerly Let Us Learn) looking for their first Chair
- How to convey child friendly info to children in migration - a handbook
- Job Vacancy Coram Children's Legal Centre
Latest grant from Strategic Legal Fund
One additional grant was awarded in the September round.
Migrant Legal Project - £4,611
Migrant Legal Project has been awarded funds for research and preparation of briefing materials to call for a reversion of the Civil Legal Aid Regulations which came into force 1st September.
These act as a barrier to legally aided clients moving their appeals from the First-tier Tribunal to the Upper Tribunal, by removing appeals to the Upper Tribunal within scope of controlled work (OISC regulated firms).
The Migrant Legal Project is currently the only provider of such legal aid services for asylum seekers in the entirety of Devon and Cornwall, and as an OISC regulated firm they will no longer be able to represent clients in such cases, many of which are young people under 25.