- The hostile environment creeps into criminal courts
- Latest grant from Strategic Legal Fund
- Embedded HO workers in local authorities - Project17 & DPG looking for client for potential strategic legal challenge
- Good character requirement in children's citizenship claims
- We Belong video (Let Us Learn/Just for Kids Law)
Embedded HO workers in local authorities - Project17 & DPG looking for client for potential strategic legal challenge
Funded by the Strategic Legal Fund, Project 17 and Deighton Pierce Glynn have conducted pre-litigation research into the practice of 'embedding' immigration officers in local authority children's services departments. At least 9 different local authorities have been using this approach of late.
Based on their research, they are concerned that not only does the presence of such officials in children's services have a chilling effect, deterring destitute families from accessing the support they need, in addition, the associated data sharing practices could potentially be unlawful.
They are keen to identify potential claimants who they could support to bring a challenge to this practice.
Please see below a briefing note outlining the legal arguments and the type of individual who might be supported to bring such a claim.