- Training opportunities on children's rights by CORAM Children's Legal Centre
- New report on systemic delays in the processing of minors' asylum claims
- Litigation friends needed for Migrant Mental Capacity Advocacy project
- Latest grants from the Strategic Legal Fund
- EEA rough sleeper policy ruled unlawful
New SLF Project Manager
We are very pleased to welcome Gerry Hickey as the new Project Manager for the Strategic Legal Fund. She has taken over from Frances Smith, to whom we are very grateful for three years of excellent support. Gerry is your first port of call for any queries relating to the SLF.
Gerry has worked in advice services since 1990 and holds a particular expertise in asylum support law. Her most recent role was at Asylum Support Appeals Project.
She says: I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to work on the Strategic Legal Fund. I have worked with migrants for many years in various capacities, and this project is particularly interesting as it seeks to tackle laws and practices that unjustly discriminate against young migrants and stop them from reaching their full potential in the UK.
The next deadline for applications to the SLF is 7 July.