- Young unaccompanied asylum seekers in the camps in Calais reunited with their families in the UK
- Child Refugee wins the right to be re-united with their parents
- Successful challenge in the Supreme Court to the ban on students loans for migrants who are lawfully present in the UK
- Legal Aid Lawyer of the year awards for SLF grantees and expert panel member
- Successful challenge to the lawfulness of the Detained Fast Track
New SLF Project Manager
We are very pleased to welcome Gerry Hickey as the new Project Manager for the Strategic Legal Fund. She has taken over from Frances Smith, to whom we are very grateful for three years of excellent support. Gerry is your first port of call for any queries relating to the SLF.
Gerry has worked in advice services since 1990 and holds a particular expertise in asylum support law. Her most recent role was at Asylum Support Appeals Project.
She says: I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to work on the Strategic Legal Fund. I have worked with migrants for many years in various capacities, and this project is particularly interesting as it seeks to tackle laws and practices that unjustly discriminate against young migrants and stop them from reaching their full potential in the UK.
The next deadline for applications to the SLF is 7 July.